Saturday, November 22, 2014

The Raid 2: Berandal
9
Verdict: Watch it. I loved The Raid: Redemption so I came into this film with high expectations and the movie definitely delivered. Just writing up this review and viewing this gif makes me want to watch the film again. I shake my head in wonder at how good the fighting scenes in this movie are.

Cyborg
2
Verdict: Avoid. Jean-Claude van Damme and sci-fi aren't enough to save this movie from the worst music. Its so banal it makes watching this movie painful.

Death Warrant
5
Verdict: Avoid for all but martial arts and Jean-Claude van Damme fans. I enjoyed it but I am a martial arts and Jean-Claude van Damme fan so it was worth it.

Fantomas


7
Verdict: A fun watch if you're into old silent movies. The first of six films, I'm excited to see what this popular figure's dastardly deeds will be.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
4
Verdict: Avoid. Cheesy and just plain awful. Maybe this movie would be good if I had grown up watching the cartoons but I just find the costumes and dialogue stupid.

Akira


7
Verdict: Watch it. It's a classic though it didn't live up to the hype. The classic style and iconic motorcycle is awesome but the movie is all over the place. A friend said that reading the manga makes the movie a lot more enjoyable because you get a better understanding of the plot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment